So, y’all are about to get cross-posted to death, so please bear with me on this one.
I just had a lovely chat/consult with life-coach and fellow Woo Person, Sofia Nitchie, talking about energy blocks, life goals, and Pulling It All Together.
What I said to her was that – to boil down my rambling into something a little more coherent – I have my fingers in a lot of pies, and I want to keep doing all of them… but I also feel a little scattered and a lot like I don’t have a clue what I’m doing… And what I’m looking for is, basically, way to reframe my million scattered elements so that I can see how they all dovetail and fold together and slot into place to form a cohesive whole (AKA: My Career).
Something that was really neat to see her picking up on was that, when I think about “My Career”, even when I do imagine actually make some sort of reliable annual income from it, what I’m thinking of isn’t “money”, it’s “connection”. I don’t want to be a writer like Stephen King or a performer like Madonna. I want to be like Cat Valente and Holly Black. I want to be like s00j and Heather Dale.
My two big take-aways from my wee, free (thank you!) introductory coaching session were:
1) Clean out your heart and your throat (and I get a little bit of pressure in my throat when I write that, so hey) chakras, ‘cause your passions are right in there.
2) Integrate sex-as-nature and body-as-nature and food-as-nature. This was a really neat observation/piece-of-advice which, combined with the above observation about connection, led me to the idea of career-as-ecosystem, both in the sense of (a) an ecosystem is thrives when it has a lot of variety in it (no monocultures for me!), and (b) I don’t want to be in competition with other people doing the similar things to me; I don’t want to be taking food out of Lee and Andrea’s mouths if ever I wind up on a lecture circuit about polyamoury and consensual-power-dynamics (just as a for-instance). I want to be part of an ecosystem that is thriving.
That’s what I’ve got to work with, while I’m working on the novel, the locavore cook-book/memoire, the D/s-related essays, the chapbooks, the jewelry, the Making Of Things, the keeping of my house, the search for my Forever Home and its Garden, and all the zillion other little things I have on the go at any (every) given time.
I was lucky and got to have one of her free coaching sessions, which is wonderful. I happen to think she’s awesome, and I found the session helpful and also encouraging, so I’m passing her services along to all of you. Do go and have a look at what she offers both as a coach and on her blog.
Meliad the Birch Maiden
 I am not surprised by this. Dammit, it really is all about the singing, isn’t it? Also, as a PS, when I did the above-linked throat-chakra-clearing meditation, I felt my mouth fill up with steam. What does that mean? Thoughts? Beuler? Anyone? It was an interesting side-effect, for sure.
NOTE: For other throat-clearing / chakra-clearing exercises try here, here, here, and here.
- Lammas 2017 – Gonna Get My Girl Body Back (This is a Work in Progress)
- Mid-July: In Which Everything Goes To Hell – A “Productive Home” Post
- Full Moon – Berry/Rose Moon Crests
- Full Moon – Flower Moon Crests (Finally Hitting POST on a Mo(o)nth-Old Entry…)
- First Weekend in June – A “Productive Home” Post
Search By Topicall about me ancestors angling animism barter books bread candles cheese community correspondences cosmology and axiology crafting crafting/Crafting divination divine intervention DIY dreams Eat From The Larder Challenge economics of food embodiment energy work ethics of food faith fermenting fibre arts food and culture gardening glamour(y) gleaning goals goblin fruit goddesses hearth hunting jewelry kitchen witch kitchen witchcraft knitting links living religion local food Lunar Cycles magic meet the house spirits music New Year New You Pagan Blog Project Pagan Experience 2015 paganism pickles poetry practice preserves progress reports recipes ritual sacred sexuality seasonal secular holidays shadow soap spells state of the garden study subsistence tarot Trance-Portation trancework urban farming urban foraging wheel of the year wild food wishes Year of the Pig
Where’s That Moon
New Year New You
The Pagan Bloggers’ Network