So I addapted a muffin recipe that I found on the internet. This is what I came up with:
1 ½ C wheat flour
1 C almond meal
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 C sour milk (or coconut milk or whatever you want, just add some vinegar)
1 C pear OR pumpkin butter
1/3 C oil
½ C dried cranberries
½ C crumbled walnuts
1 C cooked millet OR cooked amaranth
¼ C chocolate chips, melted
1) Preheat the oven to 375F
2) Cook the millet and amaranth on the stove (if it isn’t already cooked and sitting in your fridge)
3) Mix the dry ingrdients together in a bowl
4) Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the well and blend everything together with a fork
5) Add the walnuts and dried cranberries
6) Throw the chocolate chips in with the cooked grain (if it’s hot) so that they melt
7) Mix the chocolatey grain in with the rest of batter
8) Spoon the batter into paper-lined (or well-greased) muffin cups and bake for 20-30 minutes until they pass the Fork Test.
9) Allow to cool (possibly overnight, as this is supposed to be a “breakfast muffin”, chocolate chips notwithstanding.
NOTE: Makes about 24 muffins.
Meliad the Birch Maiden.
 I used mostly coconut milk today, since I made curry earlier and had some left over, topped up with 2 tablespoons of cows’ milk and 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar.
 I used vanilla-nutmeg pear butter. If your fruit butter of choice isn’t spiced (if you’re using canned pumpkin, for example) you will – or at least may – want to throw a teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, or similar into the mix.
 I melted them by chucking them in with the millet and amaranth that I cooked to make this stuff.
 If it’s not, just melt the chocolate on the stove or in the microwave.
 I used paper muffin-cup liners set in a glass casserole dish because, for some reason, my muffin tin has vanished. It’s just… gone. I don’t even know. O.O
- New Moon – Frost Moon Begins (Scorpio Season)
- New Moon – Apple Moon Begins (Season of the Witch + Autumn Equinox)
- Full Moon – Tomato Moon Crests (Full Moon in Pisces)
- New Year New You 2016 (…and 17): Week 22 and Week 23 – Last Push / Reflection
- New Year New You 2016 (and 17…): Week 21 – Dressing For Your Future
Search By Topicall about me ancestors angling animism astrology barter books bread candles cheese community correspondences cosmology and axiology crafting crafting/Crafting divination divine intervention DIY dreams Eat From The Larder Challenge economics of food embodiment energy work ethics of food faith fermenting fibre arts food and culture gardening glamour(y) gleaning goblin fruit goddesses hearth hunting jewelry kitchen witch kitchen witchcraft knitting links living religion local food Lunar Cycles magic meet the house spirits music New Year New You Pagan Blog Project Pagan Experience 2015 paganism pickles poetry practice preserves progress reports recipes ritual sacred sexuality seasonal secular holidays shadow soap spells state of the garden study subsistence tarot Trance-Portation trancework urban farming urban foraging wheel of the year wild food wishes Year of the Pig
Where’s That Moon
New Year New You
The Pagan Bloggers’ Network